Monday, February 10, 2014

Depositing Kindness (and Donuts)


My mum worked in the Bank. She was the Bank. She loved her job at the bank. Everyone that knew her loved her. The young staff especially loved her. They would tell me how crazy my mum was and how she would make work fun, singing, dancing and doing crazy things and speaking her mind. Mum was famous for it, or perhaps infamous. She said it like was and people loved her for it. She said what everyone else was thinking but too afraid to say. Not mum. She said it!

We all loved her so last Friday when I visited the Bank where my mum once worked I wanted to do something nice. So whilst out shopping I bought one bag of cinnamon and one bag of sugar donuts and took them in and gave them to all the staff at the branch my mum once worked. I told them my mother use to work there and how much she loved it and how I wanted to gift them with morning tea on behalf of mum.

At first they were surprised and shocked as most people are when an act of kindness is bestowed upon them but that soon as passed and was replaced with gratitude and smiles.

I did this that day because I miss mum so much, because I love mum so much and because I thank her every day for inspiring me to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment