Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Peacock

How beautiful is the peacock!!

I was thinking about peacocks today. I know peacocks of all things. How random is that!! Anyway I was thinking about how beautiful they are, how colourful, unique and amazing their colours are. Yet you wouldn't know it or realise their beauty until they opened up and revealed it to you.

This had me thinking about how we are all like peacocks and that inside all of us is our own unique combination of beauty. Our problem most the time is that we don't reveal it or even know its there. Perhaps were to afraid to open up and show our true colours and true feelings to others. Or perhaps we think that there is nothing special about us.

The peacock could walk around thinking he is just another plain brown bird but he doesn't. He knows that there is something special about him, something so unique and amazing underneath his feathers. It is with that belief that he spreads and fans his tail to reveal the most magnificent array of colours. The peacock has confidence.

We as people doubt our own colours. I know I do. To often I try to be like others or I hide my own colors to embarrassed by how uniquely different I am. But what I've come to realise is that its my uniqueness, my 'colour combination' that makes me, me. Just as the peacock was made to spread its wings and show off its colours we were made to open up and reveal our own beauty.

You were never born to hide. You were born to be seen ♥

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole: I was lead to this post via the peacock picture. I wanted to use a peacock picture for a poem I had ju

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wrote. I was amazed by your words concerning the peacock. The Peacock is such an outstanding premise as well as a part of creation. Here is the poem.

    Poised with grandeur and beauty,
    A showpiece, not a show-off,
    It is not the most beautiful of all birds,
    The peacock should never be compared,
    It just has beauty only it can own,
    Granted to the peacock alone,
    Just like who made it,
    Will never share the glory,
    Behold, is what I must do,
    I too can be seen just not as a peacock,
    As a member of the creation, yes,
    Only the Creator can zoom what is created,
    I cannot zoom myself but to myself,
    At times I feel invisible,
    But, the peacock is not!
    Neither is the Creator through creation,
    It is evident the peacock comes from somewhere,
    No DNA is necessary just eyesight to see,
    Sight, something to be thankful for,
    With blindness in the same world,
    See bird, just as a child would utter,
    Only mom and dad are not there to answer,
    They marveled, I see the bird,
    There are so many wonders,
    Today is the peacock(s) day,
    The focus of the minute, hour the present,
    Soon to be as fleeting as a wink,
    Joining the past events,
    finding refuge in my memory,
    To contend for acknowledgment,
    Think about it the thoughts seem to shout,
    Silence I aver,
    You are disturbing quiet,
    Peace is still, who have I offended,
    The peacock has been granted an audience,
    All peacock glory belongs to a peacock,
    It has a display and wants me to take note of its expression,
    It is my time I can spare,
    It is just an image, not the real thing,
    I may never see a peacock in reality,
    Someone made sure to provide the image,
    To wake up my sensitivity,
    Wow, I say it backward wow!
    The peacock’s beauty,
    Cannot be shared with other birds,
    The dove cannot share the glory with the peacock,
    Its beauty is all its own,
    I understand that there is no bird like the dove,
    No bird like the peacock,
    The Creator has done it again,
    Preserving sight for what faith cares not to see,
    A mystery I suppose,
    Walking by faith and not by sight,
    Missing the reality of the peacock,
    Amongst so many other birds,
    Distinct, diverse, and a part of nature,
    Nature is the “Kaleidoscope” of wonders.

    Written by: Mabel Elizabeth Henry
    September 12, 2022

    ReplyDelete