Monday, April 22, 2013

Letters of Love


Every night before bed I try and write a letter to myself. A small note filled with love and positive things. Sounds crazy hey? But its oh so good. Honestly you must try this.

Its I guess you could say, a love letter to myself. I write it before I go to sleep at night so that when I wake up I read it. I try and make it one of the first things I read and hear in the morning.

I'm feeling brave and want to give you an example so I'll share with you a little of what I wrote to myself last night.

"Your so beautiful Nicole. I love you. You are destined for great things. You are worthy of life's riches, welcome them. Welcome life. You are amazing"

Now can you imagine reading that as soon as you get up! It makes me feel good and so loved and just starts my day out perfectly. I'd like to say that I don't need it but believe me I do. We all do. How often are you told such nice things about yourself? Proably not as often as you should be.


There was a time in my life where I would have thought the above was the most crazy and self absorbed thing a person could do. Now however I see it as the best thing a person can do.

Why wait for someone else to write you a love letter when you can write one yourself. Love yourself and say I love you to the person who needs it most - you! Tell yourself and tell yourself regularly. 

We all give our love away when inside we are dying for it back. Give it back. Give it back today.

No comments:

Post a Comment