Friday, April 12, 2013

I Love To Pay Bills.




Paying my water and sewerage bill the other day I did what I normally do and thanked it. You see whenever a bill arrives now, I view it differently. I no longer pay it from a place of anger or regret. I pay it from a place of giving and try to pay it with love and gratitude in my heart. Ok this all sounds crazy I know, I too thought that when I first read it but since trying it I can actually see the good it’s doing.

Money isn’t something to hold on to and this is something I am still learning. Money is to be circulated and shared. Without sharing money it wouldn’t go around and wouldn’t be passed on from person to person and that includes you. 

If we all held onto our money we would only have what we have now. There would be no incoming money and no outgoing money. You would just have what you have and that’s it. In life we need exchange. We need money to circulate. So paying a bill is a part of that process. Its moving the money along and paying for a service. So whenever I pay a bill I look at it that way and I also look at it as an exchange for a service provided to me.

For example the other day I paid our water and sewage bill. In the past I would grudgedly pay the few hundred dollars and feel hard done by that MY money was being taken from me. Not now, now when a bill arrives, I smile at it and see it for what it is and pay it.

 I paid the water and sewage bill and as I did I felt grateful that we have the luxury of clean fresh running water provided instantly every hour of every day to our house. I also was thankful that we have a sewerage system where I live and that I personally don’t have to deal with it. 

I felt grateful that I live in a house that has plumbing, hot showers and cold water to drink. When you feel and look at a bill this way its much easier to pay, even if the money is tight it makes you realize exactly what it is your paying for and that every dollar spent is worth it <3

No comments:

Post a Comment